AZ Birding Menu
((For "set-departure" tours to Arizona, see our new trips offered through Borderland Tours here: www.borderland-tours.com))
Planning a birding trip to southeastern Arizona
In southeastern Arizona, you can often enjoy great success trying to find birds on your own, thanks to the many resources available. There are several excellent bird-finding books, and plenty of online sources like the Arizona-New Mexico listserv. In the menu to your left, we hope to provide you with some basic information which will help you plan your trip, even if you're not hiring a local guide such as one from the Adventure Birding Company.
You may discover, however, even with all of the resources available, that it's a hefty task to organize an efficient itinerary for yourself or your group - especially if you've never been here before! Even if you are extremely prepared, other problems can be encountered once you arrive. Perhaps an unexpected road closure will burn valuable daylight - hours that could have been better spent looking for birds. Maybe you finally get a look at that confusing flycatcher, but once it is gone you realize you didn't note some key features, and you miss out on a potential lifer. This is where we come in. If you don't have enough resources or time to plan your perfect trip, it might be time to hire an Adventure Birding guide to help maximize your birding vacation!
Why go with us?
It seems that everybody is a bird guide these days. It can be difficult to decide who to hire! So, we've come up with a few good reasons why you should consider choosing us over other outfits:
1) We provide quality guiding services at reasonable rates. We're passionate about birds, and we do this because we love to share our knowledge with others. We just need to make a living at the same time!
2) Sharp birding senses, and good directions. We've honed our craft, working hard to make sure we give good, quick directions to get you on the bird, and we can name almost every note and every plumage of every species – just what you should expect when hiring a birding guide!
3) Patience, flexibility and fun. We're laid-back and easygoing, and we're willing to work with you in every regard. Pleasant personalities make for pleasant trips! While we do take our job seriously, we try not to take ourselves too seriously. Birding is supposed to be fun, isn't it?
4) You'll simply see more! More birds, plants, butterflies, reptiles - you name it. We strive to learn as much as we can about every other aspect of Arizona's natural history, so you can benefit from that knowledge while on tour.
5) Responsibility. We have the right permits, we're insured, we pay our taxes...basically, we're a legitimate operation. Surprising, but not every guide in Arizona abides by the same standards. We also aim to be good stewards of the environment and of our community: we're a member of Tucson Audubon Society's "Birds & Business Alliance;" we volunteer our time with a number of organizations; and for those who are concerned about global climate change, we can arrange for low-cost carbon offsets as part of your package - to make your birding trip "carbon neutral."
To find out about our Rates and Policies, click on "Rates" in the menu to your left.
The Adventure Birding Company is a permittee of the Coronado National Forest, and an equal opportunity service provider.